Damaged Passport? Get Expedited Passport Replacement
You must submit one of the following original documents as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship (photocopies are not acceptable):
- Certified U.S. Birth Certificate (must meet all of the following requirements):
- Must be issued by City, County, or State of birth
- Must be lists bearer’s full name, date of birth, and place of birth
- Must be lists parent(s) full names
- Must have a date filed with registrar’s office (within one year of birth)
- Must have registrar’s signature
- Must have registrar’s embossed, impressed, or multicolored seal
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Certificate of Naturalization/Citizenship
If you were born in the United States and cannot obtain a certified birth certificate that meets all the requirements listed above, you will need to submit a combination of documents as secondary evidence of U.S. citizenship, such as:
- Delayed birth certificate (filed after one year of birth)
- Hospital records
- Religious records (certificate of baptism, communion, blessing, family bible, etc.)
- Early school records
You MUST submit have your damaged Passport
NOTE: The US passport agency will not return the damaged passport back to you, they will shred it
When you submit your application, you must present one of the following primary photo identification documents, and submit a photocopy of that document:
- Valid Driver’s License (plus a second ID if issued in a different state than where you apply)
- Undamaged U.S. Passport (if issued less than 15 years ago)
- Certificate of Naturalization
- Valid government ID (city, state, or federal)
- Valid Military ID
If you do not have any of the above documents, you will need to submit a combination of secondary identification documents with a photo and signature, such as:
- Expired Driver’s License
- State-issued ID Card
- Student ID Card
- Employment ID Card
Your Photograph Must Be:
- In color
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Printed on thin, photo-quality paper
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Taken in normal attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hair line
- If you normally wear a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture
- Glasses are not permitted for any reason, in the applicants passport photo.
Articles worn for religious or medical reasons should be accompanied by a statement to that effect.
Print 2 copies of the completed DS-11 form. Do not sign the DS-11 until you are instructed to do so by the acceptance agent. Give one DS-11 to the acceptance agent to be placed inside the sealed envelope. The second DS-11 is to be placed inside your Fed Ex package to Sam’s Passport Inc.
The US Passport Agency only allows us to submit completed online applications for all expediting cases. Failure to use this online application will cause rejection to your application.
TIP: This Online application has replaced “Hand Written” applications; YOU ARE NOT APPLYING ONLINE, you are only completing the questions by typing them onto the application. The last page of the application is a Print summary page, please scroll to the bottom left corner of this page and CLICK CREATE FORM you will then be able to print your application.
NOTE: The application Wizard will ask you to select fees, shipping and processing options. Select any options to complete the form, no payments will be made and options selected will have no effect on the actual service provided by the Wizard is simply designed to assist the general public in calculating fees for traditional mail in applications.
A correctly formatted application should have a BAR CODE on the top left corner, and DS-11 printed on the bottom left of the application.
Please download, fill out and print the form:
If you wish to change your name you will need to submit one of the following:
1- Original or certified marriage license
2- Original or certified divorce decree paper
3- Original or certified copy of the court order name change
The total Passport fee is $195.00 in which you must pay at the post office in two different checks.
One check you will need to write to the Passport agency facility for $25.00 and the other check for $170.00 to the U.S. Department of State.
The Letter MUST have an original signature.
Faxes, scans, photocopies are NOT accepted by the United States Passport Agency.
Please complete, sign and print 2 Authorization Letters. One letter will be placed inside your sealed envelope by the clerk; the other will be for us outside the sealed envelope.
Please call Sam’s Passport at 713.784.5501 for the Letter of Authorization. This is a must have document.
Travel Itinerary or a Letter of Expedite from your company showing the date of travel.
(A valid proof of travel is necessary for passport expedition.)
Please note your travel departure date has to be within 14 days
If your travel date is not within 14 days you will need to show a reason why your passport needs to be expedited, such as the need to apply for a visa or for school registration.
Please download, print this sample of:
Please take the required documents to your designated processing facility
(For the closest designated US Post Offices near you)
Please call (800) 275-8777 and proceed with the following:
- Present your documents to the clerk and be prepared to pay $195.00 for adults or $165.00 for Minors under the age of 16 in the form of two checks, $170 to the U.S. Department of State for adults or $140.00 for minors under the age 16 and $25.00 to the local processing facility (U.S. Post Office or County Clerk) for either Adults or minors. For Minors applying for passports both parents have to be present with the child or at least one parent with the a notarized form DS 3053 from the absent parent. For minors between 16-18 years of age, one of the parents is required to be at the processing facility with the child.
- The processing agent will swear you in, execute your documents and place your documents in a sealed envelope then hand it back to you.
- Please make copies of all documentation before swearing in at the acceptance facility. This allows for Sam’s to know exactly what is inside of the sealed envelope. We will be able to notify the applicant immediately to avoid delay or extra costs.
Please do not seal multiple applicants in one envelope.
Each individual should possess their own sealed envelope in order to avoid delay or extra costs once delivered to the Department of State.
Sam’s Passport Inc
1811 Bering Drive
Houston, TX, 77057
Tel: (713) 784-5501
Please use Fedex priority overnight or UPS priority overnight to ship your documents to Sam’s Passport Inc.