Applying for Name Change Passports

Applications for U.S. name change passports in Houston TX and elsewhere can be processed through Sam’s Passport and Visa Services. The process for amending passports can also be rushed.

You can use this application for The following services: Name change (Marriage, Divorce, Court order)

Sam's Passport and Visa Services can process this application on your behalf at the U.S. Passport Agency.

All applications must be submitted to Sam's Passport & Visa Service no later than 3:30 PM the previous day in order to be submitted to the Department of State for regular expedited services the following day, please see below for 2 working day submission procedures. The day of submission to the Department of State does not guarantee that the application process will begin that day and such events are out of the control of Sam's Passport & Visa Service.

The following Requirements must be sent to us in order for us to obtain your passport

  1. Your current passport.

  2. Application Form DS 5504 fully completed and singed if the passport was issued within the present calendar year. If the passport was issued over one year, please refer to the link - Passport Renewal for Adults.

    Note: when completing the application, please list Sam's Passport and Visa address-
    (1811 Bering, Suite #100 - Houston TX 77057) as the mailing address.

  3. Two passport size photo 2"x 2"with a white background.

  4. U.S. State Department Name Change Rush Fee is $170.00 per application.

  5. Official marriage license or a certified copy that proves a name change.

  6. 2 Fully completed Letters of Authorization to authorize Sam’s Passport and Visa Service to do the service for you.

  7. Travel itinerary or a Letter of Expedite from your company showing the date of travel. (A valid proof of travel is necessary for passport expedition.) If you do not have a valid proof of expedition in either form showing a departure date within 5 working days, your passport will not be expedited.

  8. The Passport Request Form - Link, is required for the completion of the passport processing.

  9. Please overnight all above documents to our office via Fed Ex or UPS

Sam's Passport Expediting Fees

$75.00 per application (15 working days) + Shipping, see below

$100.00 per application (10 working days) + Shipping, see below

$125.00 per application (5 working days) + Shipping, see below

$175.00 per application (2 working days) - Please call for availability. + Shipping, see below (For 2 day processing, the sealed envelope must arrive at Sam's Passport & Visa Services one day prior to submission. An ideal time would be no later than 3:30PM CST. (Example, if you wish to have your application processed Monday morning by 9:00AM, the application must be in our possession by the previous Friday.) Reminder, the date of submission does not count as a processing day. In order to receive two day processing, there must be a valid date of departure within 5 working days and a proof of travel in the form of a travel itinerary or company letter of expedite(business travelers).

$225.00 per application for Same Day processing (the application and all completed paperwork must be in our possession by 3:00PM the previous day and a reservation must be made prior to delivery)


Return Postage (Fed-Ex/UPS/Express Mail)

Priority Delivery = $30.00

First Overnight = $75.00

Saturday Delivery = $45.00 (Where available)

1811 BERING DRIVE SUITE # 100 · HOUSTON, TX 77057 · TEL (713) 784- 5501 · FAX (713) 784- 5588 · TOLL FREE (877) 784-5501 ·

Frequently Asked Questions & Other Topics

Q. What is a visa? And why do I need one.
A. A visa is a stamp that is affixed to a blank visa page in your passport that is required by foreign countries before you are able to enter their territory.

Q. Do I need to send you my passport in order to receive a visa?
A. Yes, your passport must be submitted with the required paperwork and photos in order to obtain a visa for traveling outside the USA. For visa service in Houston, you can drop off your passport at our agency.

U.S. Citizens who are traveling outside the United States by Air, Land and Sea will now be required to carry a U.S. Passport for entry and exit from the United States, please read the information at these two links, Travel.State.Gov   and

Each applicant must submit a fully completed Passport/Visa Request Form for all services. This form is necessary in order to begin and complete all transactions.

Consulate closings and holiday schedules - A to M and N to Z



Sam's Passport and Visa Services meets all BBBOnLine Reliability participation and Better Business Bureau membership standards, and is authorized to display the BBBOnLine Reliability seal.